The Bogor chopper monument is located on the T junction of Semplak Road, West Bogor.
It is the sign of the entrance to Indonesian Atang Sanjaya Airforce Base. The base is the home where several rotary wings squadrons are stationed.
That’s why on the wall next to the monument, there was a carving mentioning “The Home of Chopper”.
The monument was made by using the non longer operative Russian made Mil Mi 1 Hare.
The chopper once became one element of Indonesian helicopter squadrons in 1950-1960. It was the time when Indonesia was close to Eastern Block countries, such as Soviet Union, Poland, etc.